Tuesday 7 February 2012

Shop in Niddastrasse - Frankfurt, Railway Station Area


What do you like and dislike about this street – Niddastrasse?  Is it a nice street or not a nice street?
It is a nice street.
Why?  What do you like about it?  The sound, the plants, the people, the buildings ...
No, the people.
What sort of people do you meet in the street, in Niddastrasse?
Ah, the people is very nice behaviour.  I don’t like this fighting or disturb or anything.
Could you tell me a little bit about your shop?  Why is this shop here, what is this shop and what are you selling?
This shop, Coca Cola, Fanta, beer.
What hours of business do you keep?  What time is your shop open?
In the evening.
What hours?
This first my brother is open.  I’m not working here.  This is brother of shop.  I for helping of my brother.  If my brother is weaken or sickness, I come here.  This is my brother is calling and Simon come here and help one hour, two hours I help him.
How late do you keep your shop open?
Ah, the people come from 7 up to 12 o’clock.
12 o’clock at night, ok.  And every day of the week?
Weekness.
Only weekdays.
Yes, from Friday up to Sunday is good.  From Monday up to Friday is quiet.  Not too much people selling.
What kind of people come to your shop?
Everybody. 
Do you find it is many different cultures of people coming here to the shop?
Yes.
Because other people in hotels say that it’s very multi-cultural in this part of the street.  We have Germans, we have Chinese people, we have Ethiopian people, we have Somali people, Turkish people ... do you notice how many from different cultures come here?
Ja, ja.
Is it true?
Ja.
Do people come from hotels nearby as well to come to your shop?  Do they come from the hotels to use your shop?
No.
What about from the train station.  Are there people coming from the train station?
I don’t know from where he coming.  Different people is coming here and they buy something.  I’m not asking from where you coming.
Of course you don’t.
I enjoy with those.  I speaking with those from where do you come mostly speaking English perfect.  If you want something to buy from where you come.  I’m from Russia or from Latin America and we joking.
Are you German yourself?  Do you live in Frankfurt?
Ja,  I am from Frankfurt.
And are you from another place originally?
Ja. Offenbach.
Do you take the train to come here?
Ja.
Finally, is there anything you would like to see improved with this street?  Anything you would like to see more on this street?  Lighting, greenery, parking, more people, different kinds of things ... anything you could see improved with this street?
If I improved this street, this street is good.  I see more people, different people and I know from those peoples, I know many language and I know many ?? conduct from other people from this person from one person to another person.  One person is good mentality or other is ??
You’re happy with this street as it is?
Ja, I’m very happy.
Thank you so much for helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment